BuildingCyt Flow Cytometry Courses
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to hold our popular BI/Crick Flow Cytometry Courses as face to face courses. Therefore we would like to offer scientists the opportunity to join us for a series of live interactive courses.
Module 1 : Fundamentals of Flow Cytometry
26th May 2021 Buy a Ticket
24th June 2021 Buy a Ticket
Module 2: Beyond the Basics
30th June & 1st July 2021 Buy a Ticket
Future dates will be announced soon
Please note these are live interactive courses and will not be recorded. Delegates will be sent a Zoom link and course notes to download before the course. The courses run 9.30-5pm BST
Description of the courses:
Module 1: Fundamentals of Flow Cytometry
This module is aimed at those new to flow cytometry and those wanting to understand the basics of the technology before attending Module 2. This can be taken as a standalone one day course or can be taken as a building block for the next module. The course starts with an introduction to this quickly evolving technology, its importance and resources that are available. One of the main aims of this course is to give the delegate a firm understanding of fluorescence, fluorochromes and the workings of a cytometer. This is followed by talks on fluorescence compensation, sample preparation, basics of experimental design, data analysis and reporting your flow cytometry data. It is highly recommended that all delegates attend Module 1 before attending Module 2, even those with years of experience in flow cytometry. This is to ensure that all participants get the most out of the modules and to confirm that the basics of flow cytometry have been grasped before tackling more advanced topics in Module 2.
It is highly recommended that delegates should attend Module 1 before attending Module 2 as these are linked modules.
Module 2: Beyond the Basics
The follow up two day module takes the knowledge from Module 1 and builds on it to give the delegates confidence in designing, running, analysing and presenting their flow cytometry data. Following an introduction to the module, the delegates will hear about cytometer performance including optimisation and troubleshooting. There are sessions on multicolour flow cytometry giving delegates invaluable experience in multi-colour compensation and experimental planning including panel design. The varied applications of flow cytometry are explained including cell sorting, apoptosis and functional studies. Delegates are taken through experiments, step by step including, planning, executing, analysing and presenting data.
More information can be found here
Testimonials from recent courses include:
'I think this course is really accessible, which is especially nice for people that know nothing about flow cytometry'
'Excellent learning experience run by real hands on experts in the field'
'If you want to understand other people flow data and your own, this course is a great help'
'A great course to ensure you are implementing best practices'
'The course covered a huge amount of theory as to the best practices of design of flow experiments but also more importantly highlighted where things could go wrong'
'Great Course. Thank you! Didn't relaise how much I didn't know'
'Flow Cytometry is a huge topic. You made it worth it to come to this course. No way I would have grasped on my own, what I learned about flow cytometry in the last two days, Many thanks'
'This is an excellent course for anyone who uses flow cytometry regularly in their jobs - even for those people that have been doing flow for many years, but never really had a proper introduction to the whats and the whys!'
Terms and Conditions of Flow Cytometry Courses run by Babraham Institute Enterprise Ltd (BIE)
- No refunds, transfers or deferrals can be made if less than 14 days’ notice is given.
- BIE reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location or content of a course without penalty if considered necessary.
- BIE undertakes to inform customers as soon as the change is made and customers may book an alternative course at no extra charge, or receive a full refund or credit against future courses.
- If a customer wishes to cancel a course, provided more than 14 days’ notice prior to the course start date is given, the tuition fee will be refunded less a £50 cancellation fee.
- If a customer wishes to transfer to another course, provided more than 14 days’ notice prior to the course start date is given and subject to availability, no additional charge will be made, other than for any new study materials that may be required.
- It may be possible to transfer your place on a course to another member of your organisation, but this will be assessed by BIE on a case to case basis.